Monday, February 24, 2014

Symbolism in Poetry

A junkyard
Happy Monday!

Make sure you have your completed storyboard out on your desk. I will be collecting them at the beginning of class.

Today we will be exploring symbolism in two poems:

  • "My Mother Pieced Quilts" by Teresa Palomo Acosta
  • "Junkards" by Julian Lee Rayford
Our work for the day comes in three parts:
  1. In Canvas, open the file in the Chapter 5 folder called "SYMBOLISM.pdf." You will be reading the poem and completing this work with your row partner.
  2. Together we will read "Junkyards." Your homework will be to complete the "Junkyards of the Future" questions. 

If you finish, I would like you to fill out the form linked here in the sidebar at the top of the page called "Student Questionnaire."
It is a simple form. I have been with you for about a month, but I want to know more about you! Please answer honestly. I will not be grading it, nor will anyone else see it.